Gino Toro — Product Manager Articles
I always believe in learning and sharing experiences. As a community, we can all level up to be great product managers.
The Product Hero
I gave a talk for ProductTank in Amsterdam where I believe that the core of product management is us, the product manager. Our stories are similar to a comic book. We have our origin story, become the hero, and face our arch-nemesis.
- Origin Story — Discover your strengths
- Becoming the Hero — Develop your relationships
- Arch-Nemesis — Challenge the mind (In progress)
Confessions of a Product Manager
I once gave a talk confessing my sins. I shared all of my failures and learnings in product management. You can read my full set of lessons. However, I am slowly sharing each one in deeper detail.
Product Owner Dilemma
There is a whole debate about Product Owner and Product Manager. This series is to help Product Owners to step up to become a Product Manager.
- Why tell a story when you can have an epic journey — focus on Epics, not user stories.
- Chaotic Backlogs — How to manage large backlogs.
- Are Story Points Pointless? — The value of using story points in Scrum.
- MVP vs Iterations — The difference between minimum viable products and iterative development.
- Backlog Refinement Sessions from hell — How to run a backlog refinement session.
- Output vs Outcome — What should we focus on?